Friday, July 12, 2013

NAILS | Hot Colors for the Summer


I am so glad that summer is finally here! I know it's a little weird to say, considering it's been summer for at least a month now, but I feel like I'm finally getting in the groove of it all. No high level commitments from school, no homework, and no iCal filled within an inch of life. I feel free! The best part about it is being able to wear bright colors in all combinations sans shame, because hey, it's summer right?
So here are my top nail polish picks for the season. All Essie.

BLANC

White hot is all I can say about this color. It's such a beautiful and crisp color for the season and looks good with everything. Be careful not to get this one dirty though because white really does show everything!



CALIFORNIA CORAL

This color is so fun for those days when I'm feeling a little girlie. It's pretty, but it still packs a punch while managing to be a little laid back. Perfect for hanging around town or going to lunch with friends.
*note* The color is slightly more creamy than it appears in the picture







CAPRI 

When I bought this color, I was looking for the perfect orange to add to my collection. I think I've found it! This fiery orange color makes for a bold statement nail that just screams summer. My favorite thing to do is to put Blanc (or any white nail polish) underneath is because it makes the color look so bright and is a great way to make it look just like it does in the bottle. Just like California Coral, this color is a creamier color than it appears on the left.

WHERE'S MY CHAUFFEUR

I absolutely love this color, it's gorgeous. For me it's the perfect shade of turquoise, not too green, not too blue, and will look great with any skin tone. For reference, it's a bit darker than the ever popular Turquoise and Caicos. It goes on pretty opaquely, two coats is all you need!



No comments:

Post a Comment