Friday, July 19, 2013

BIRCHBOX | July Unboxing

 

I was super excited to get my second Birchbox in the mail the other day. The main reason why I wanted a subscription was to get me through those times during the school year when I'm so busy with everything that I barely have time to go to CVS, let alone Ulta or Sephora. Sometimes a girl just needs her beauty fix, so why not just get it right to my door! This month's theme is Power Play and it's dedicated to helping you make the most out of every minute. I decided to rank each product out of 5 hearts.

The Opened Box

1. Benefit It's Potent! Eye Cream - This eye cream is supposed to brighten dark circles and smooth lines. I don't really have dark circles so I haven't noticed anything in that department, but I will say that it's a really smooth cream that goes on nicely and does moisturize well. ♥♥
2. Number 4 Super Comb Prep & Protect - A leave in conditioner that protects against UV rays. I didn't really try this out because I'm into natural hair products and I already have my routine together, but I will most definitely try it out just for the UV protection. I always forget that the hair needs protection from the sun! ♥♥
3. DDF Acne Control Treatment - Pretty self explanatory. I was a bit suspicious because it didn't have that strong smell that acne products as I remembered them had, but I've been using it for a few nights on the problem spots that have cropped up in the past couple of days and they seem to have gone down quite a bit. The sample size was quite large too. Always a plus. ♥♥♥
4. InStain Long-Wearing Powder Staining Blush - They included this in the color Swiss Dot which was a beautiful coral peach that looked nice and natural, even on my darker skin.♥♥♥
5. Birchbox Bobby Pins - These are so cute! I love the color I got and they instantly make any hairstyle look cute and put together. I don't feel like I have to hide my pins anymore with these. ♥♥♥♥♥

Overall I think I got a good box this month! 

No comments:

Post a Comment